Covid-19 Increased the Psychological Suffering of Students

 

The COVID-19 virus is not only attacking our physical health is also increasing psychological suffering. Now almost everyone is suffering from psychological problems. Especially, students are facing many mental health challenges.

Because of the corona pandemic, we have to maintain social distance and stay at home. This social distancing and being at home affecting our mental health. The whole world is facing this problem, Bangladesh is no exception to that.

Mental health refers to behavioral, psychological, and emotional well-being. In a word, mental health is a state of well-being. However, due to corona now almost every kind of people have to face some mental health problem. Like other students also facing many mental health challenges, such as depression, grief, anxiety, trauma, uncertainty, fear, stress, etc.

Mainly, the overload of information and overthinking about the pandemic causes these mental health problems. There are also some other reasons for students facing mental health problems at this pandemic. Like they spending their time doing the same thing almost every day, which makes their life dull in this pandemic. Then, overthinking about the future and studies that create mental pressure on students.

 Media reports also affecting mental health. Every day the media publishes a lot of news about the Corona pandemic. Overload of those news, creates mental health problems.

Mental problems have a bad effect on our physical health and our quality of life. Mental health problems can result in feelings of sadness, loss of interest, insomnia, etc. In a word, the consequences of mental health issues can be very dangerous.

Covid-19 Increased the Psychological Suffering of Students

 As a student, I am also facing many mental health problems due to this ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. At the beginning of this pandemic, I was very uncertain and afraid of the situation. I was also uncertain about my study, how I will complete my semester.  Because of that, I was depressed.

Sometimes I felt afraid to go outside of the house. Those feeling are unbearable. Although my family members support me a lot. When I feel depressed, anxious, or uncertain I talk with my family members about my mental issues. They give me lots of suggestions, how I can overcome those mental health issues, which give mental relief. My friends, relatives, and teachers also support me in overcoming my mental health problems. In particular, I talk to my brothers and sisters about my mental health issues. They help and support me a lot.

 Due to the corona pandemic, our classes are being held online. Online classes are influencing my mental health both positively and negatively. During class time, I can spend a good time and I can communicate with my classmates and teacher, which makes me feel refresh. But sometimes it also makes a bad impact on my mental health. like the pressure of assignments, internet connection problems, exam pressures, and many other problems that create psychological stress.

However, when my little sister feels depressed or other kinds of mental problems, I try to support her by giving some advice to overcome her mental problem. Besides my sister, I also try to support some of my friends to overcome their mental health issues.

This corona pandemic has a huge impact on the mental health of students. Society, educational institutes, and teachers can play a very important role to tackle students these mental health problems. They can provide mental supports to students through decreasing student pressure, talk about mental health issues, reduce classroom stress, and making awareness about mental health. Also, can start social distance activities, which will help student remove their mental stress at this pandemic.

Overall, we have to work together to overcome this crisis and we should mentally support others.



This article is based on the following questions:

  • What you understand by mental health? 
  • What are some of the top mental health challenges faced by students now?
  • What are the causes of the mental health problems of the students now? 
  • What are the consequences of student mental health issues?
  • How media are reports affecting mental health? 
  • Describe your personal experiences mental health problems during the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic 
  • How are online classes influencing your mental health (either positively, or negatively, or both)?
  • What are your main sources of information for mental health? 
  • Write about the persons whom you can talk to about your mental health issues, and seek help. 
  • Write about the persona who talks to you about their mental health issues, and seek help from you.
  • Write about the role of your family members, friends, relatives, and teachers in supporting mental health issues.  
  • What should be the roles of society to tackle the issues related to the mental health of young people like you?
  • What are the steps universities should take to support the mental health of their students? 
  • What are the best ways to provide mental supports to students? 



No comments

If you have any query, feel free to comment

Powered by Blogger.